DEPRICATED (S/PDIF Audio)
This page is depricated and here for historical purposes only. Go back to Audio
- For Dolby and DTS formats, digital output must be set to bitstream or bitstream (audiophile)
- If source is PCM when bitstream is selected, then the PCM (just a plain unencoded bitstream) will be passed.
- Output set to PCM causes downmixing and is there for really old not Dolby Digital or DTS receivers / processors
- If you leave it set to PCM, you will think Dolby Digital and DTS are broken. Double Check before you start asking for help.
LPCM rates and levels
It looks like at least 96/24 is supported, confirmed with Classic Records "Glory" DVD-Video 96/24 recording
- Dolby Digital 5.1
- Dolby Digital EX
- ok - the flag gets picked up
- DTS 5.1
- DTS 6.1 ES
- not checked yet